There are a few Christmas songs though, that are like nails on chalkboard to me, and I would be just as happy to never hear them again. See if your list matches mine;
5. "Wonderful Christmas Time" by Paul McCartney - This song is repetitive and not very catchy, but more than that it just sounds strange. It's certainly nothing special.
4. "Santa Baby" by Madonna - I had heard this rendition many times before, but I just discovered the singer was.... Madonna?! It'd just not her style at all, she sounds so dumb and ditzy singing this. I originally thought the singer was Anna Nicole Smith or something! I'll take Eartha Kitt's over this one any day. Just not a good song.
3. "Do They Know It's Christmas?" by Band-Aid - Repetitive and succumbs to it's too-many-cooks-in-the-kitchen formula. It drags on and on and on lifelessly. I try to keep myself interested by singing "Beat The Squirrels", but it doesn't help. Blech.
2. "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" - The radio usually plays the even-more-horrible Irish Rovers rendition. A goofy and supposedly funny novelty song, but it just irritates me. Good on you for making money off the song folks, but it ain't for me.
1. "Last Christmas" by Wham! (or sung by anyone else) - Ugh, I just hate this song!
"...I'll give it to someone SPE-SHHHHHUL, SPE-SHHHHHUL..."
Gag me with a spoon already...
Post a Comment